Fix auto-loading packages in Emacs 24

This post is to help you get your installed packages working automatically when Emacs 24 starts.  If you don't know much about packages in Emacs 24, Google for it.

I installed several packages and themes but found they don't work upon starting Emacs 24. If I load them manually, they function with out issue.  To fix it, I added

(package-initialize) 

to the very top of my .emacs file and right after my elpa load path.


(add-to-list 'load-path "~/.emacs.d/elpa")  ;; add elpa load paths
(package-initialize) 

With these in place, I managed to make all my installed themes and packages available to me right when Emacs starts. No more "can't find this file" errors.

Comments

Anonymous said…
By working with some of the withdrawal symptoms that you can begin colon cleanse weight
lossing. Do a taste test to see if it makes a lot of difference.


Review my weblog - website

Popular posts from this blog

Emacs keybidings in Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise)

Make-a-friend with a New Syrian Family Program - Call for volunteers

Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring) on ThinkPad X1 Carbon Experience