Popup menu auto-locator

Here is another one I noticed today.  If you happen to click on a pop up menu that goes beyond the usual 3 - 5 items, you will surely not like having to scan through the entire list until you find what you are looking for.  Here is one I had to deal with today:


This is from empathy

I was looking for freenode and luckily the list was sorted alphabetically.  Ideally, it would be nice if I can type the first letter from the entry I am looking for to select it so if I press "f", the first alphabetical entry that has "f" should show up.  If I press "fr" then the first alphabetical item that starts with "fr" would be displayed, etc. The same applies for numbers if they are listed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emacs keybidings in Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise)

Make-a-friend with a New Syrian Family Program - Call for volunteers

Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring) on ThinkPad X1 Carbon Experience